Bad blog posts
Every now and then we all write bad blog posts. It is bound to happen to all blog owners and writers alike. Blog posts can be bad for various reasons:
Bad grammar or spelling
Lack the interest factor
When these errors occur, we normal just fix them. If the post is really bad we are left to decide if we want to keep the post on our site. So how do we get ourselves into this situation?
When you have been posting regularly for sometime your users can begin to expect you to make the same number of posts each week. I am sure that if you have been posting for sometime now, you must have a regular method to check that your posts are up to scratch. What about people trying to build up a new blog?
When you create a new blog, you need lots of new content to attract regular readers and also the search engines. Without this new content all the time your blog does not attract any attention. This leaves you with a great need for new content.
With such a great need for new content people tend to publish incomplete posts on their blog. They hurry, miss out important points and post a bad blog post.
The other reason that a blog post can go bad is that the writer did not start with a good idea in the first place. When you have nothing to write about you can end up writing about the first thing that comes to your mind. These last moment ideas are often sub-standard and have not been fully thought through.
Improving your blog post
The key to better blog posts is to make sure that you always use good ideas and keep up with demand. Of course this is easier said than done. Here are a few ideas to help you:
- Hire staff
- If you have the finances to hire other people this may be a good move. Hire people that do the things that you can not do so well or not have time for.
- Pay external writers
- If you do not have the money to hire staff you may want to consider paying contractors and external writers to write your blog posts for you. If you want to write the blog posts yourself, you may be able to get them to do other things for you to free up some of your time.
- Write down ideas
- Great ideas are like lightning, they only strike once (That is why you brainstorm right?). When you do have a great idea for another blog post write it down. Have a pen with you all the time so that you can build up a large collection of ideas.
- Get a good nights sleep
- Make sure that you are getting enough sleep. Without a good nights sleep you can not expect to be able to fully concentrate and stay focused.
- Write about whatever is on your mind
- You must be thinking of something at the moment. It might be what to have for dinner or where to go on a date. There is nothing wrong with using a blog post to think things though and plan your life.
- Organise your schedule
- If you still do not have enough time to write, then you need to change you schedule. Decide what is important and what is not. If you are too slow writing blog posts late at night, you might just have to get up early in the morning to write them.
- Proof read your blog posts later
- Read your blog posts through later, a least a few hours after you have written it. You will be better at picking up mistakes when you have had a break from writing it.